Pursuant to Section 718.5012 of the Florida Statutes, fifteen percent (15%) of the total voting interests in a condominium association, or six unit owners, whichever is greater, may petition the ombudsman to appoint an election monitor to attend the annual meeting of the unit owners and conduct the election of directors.
Shareholder's can petition the state to supervise their association's election. As long as they submit an official petition
in a timely manner (at least 14 days before the election) to the ombudsman's office with at least 15% of the registered shareholders signatures included, then the state will assign election monitors.
Even an association's Board of Directors can petition the state to supervise their elections if they submit a petition in a timely manner with at least 15% of the registered shareholders signatures attached.
Dear Petitioner and Condominium owner,
PLEASE PLAN AHEAD….at least 30 days in advance ~ 14 day Notice is needed to process a Petition.
Please mail us “All Election Materials” received from your Condominium Association.
1. Unit owners must CLEARLY PRINT their name, unit number.
2. The owner's signature must be original. NO FAX, e-mail or electronic signatures.
3. Only “unit owners” shall sign the petition.
4. Owners of more than one unit may sign once and list all their unit numbers. Each unit will count toward achieving the 15% required.
5. If a designated voter of a Trust or Corporation signs the petition, a copy of the voter's certificate must be attached.
6. It is recommended that more than the minimum of 15% signatures be submitted to ensure validation and prevent delays.
7. “Page 2” of the Petition may be copied and attached for additional spaces.
8. Call (954) 202-3234 to verify that your original Petition for Appointment of Election Monitor form has been received by our office.
9. Fax the Petition to (954) 202-3237 and mail the original by Certified Mail to the address below.
10. “ORIGINAL” Petition for Appointment of Election Monitor must be received by our office before it will be validated.
1400 West Commercial Boulevard
Suite #115 - P
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309
Petition for Appointment of Election Monitor (PDF format)...